Monday, March 7, 2011

Would you like to know more?

Probably the hardest parts of this project in self discovery, or self immolation, depending on how one looks at it, is trying to determine the appropriate time and day to start, what the hell to do with myself when I do, and what sort of restrictions do I have?

I originally wanted to start this on the first of this month, but I wanted to have some depth in the posting roster before I took to the mound, however as you can plainly see, that panned out marvelously. Its all part of a larger idea of procrastination I think.  Sitting down in front of a computer is procrastination away from doing all the things I should be doing; exercising, drinking, socializing, reading, drawing, writing, drinking, learning how to code, learning how to dance, drinking, learning a new hobby, um...drinking. 

Wait, why the hell am I talking so much about drinking?  I haven't touched alcohol since New Years and that was a glass of wine.  What the hell, man?  I'm trying to be edgy and stuff.  If I do that again, please slap me.  Hard.

Anyway.

So, I keep putting this thing off, with new and more inventive excuses.  I guess I need to set up a definite date for when I am going to start doing this.  Maybe I should start this on the 1st of April?  It will give me plenty of time to get things in place to do when I unplug that internet.  It is also nicely symbolic of the foolishness of this endeavor.  You know the longest I have gone without internet since about 1997?  Six months.  That's right, six months.  That was how long I was in Iraq, yep.  It took a war to cut off my internet access.  Alas, I digress.  April is a 30 day month, it ends on a Saturday and starts on a Friday.  So I will have a nice weekend to get over the twitchiness, and weekend at the end to gorge.  So lets set it here and now, I'll start on April Fools Day at exactly midnight.  Huzzah and all that. 

Well, now that that's settled.  Tomorrow we will talk about what kind of activities I have planned for that month, and then we can talk about what the rules are and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment